6 Months

Six months ago today, my Father passed away after a long illness. I honestly can't believe that it's been that long but as I get older, time does seem to pass much faster. Dad lived almost a thousand miles away so I didn't get to see him as often as I would have liked. Because of that, him being gone is a bit different than had he lived a few miles away. That doesn't mean I don't miss him dearly, I do, but it does make it different. I keep wanting to pick up the phone and give him a call but that is never going to happen again.

So, on this somber day, I've dealt with my grief the only way I know how, by myself. I miss you Dad and not a single day goes by that I don't think about you. I keep your memory alive and that is all I can do. I hope you know that I loved you very much.

0 comments: