Just some things I wanted to throw out..
1. It was three years ago this week that I legally changed my name. In a lot of states, it's a pretty difficult process but here in Kentucky, or specifically Louisville, it couldn't be any easier. I had to go down to the main courthouse, fill out a form, let them make a photocopy of my birth certificate, make a check out for $50 and two days later, my name change order came in the mail. No going before a judge, no red tape, no harassment and no big deal. By the way, for those that don't know, my name was Gregory William. My Mom and Dad didn't know if I was a boy or girl and so they had names picked out for either gender. They just liked Gregory and William was my Dad's middle name. If I had been born a girl (duh), it was going to be Kelly Joann. They just liked Kelly and Joann was my Aunt's middle name. I honored their wishes by going with what they had picked out. It was the least I could do.
2. My 9 day spring break is down to one day. Not sure how these things go so quickly but they do. If I can remember correctly, we have 34 days of school left. We had several snow days so it could have been less. Regardless, I'm not complaining as most people don't get 16 weeks of paid vacation a year. I take a lot of vacation because I get a lot of vacation.
3. Today was one of those postcard perfect spring days. There wasn't a cloud in the sky and the temperatures were around 70 degrees. Throw in some bubbles and River (one of my Border Collies) and you have endless fun.
4. This summer will mark the three year anniversary of my facial feminization surgery (FFS) with Dr. Zukowski in Chicago. I do look better and I certainly look younger but overall, it wasn't worth the money and will probably go down as the biggest regret of my life. All these years later, my face still feels funny and fake, and lets face it, it just didn't work. I've seen a lot of Dr. Z girls who turned out beautiful but in the years since, I've also seen some pictures of some really fucked up results. Wish I had known that when I was trying to pick a doctor. If you are considering FFS, think long and hard about the whole thing and seriously, look at as many pictures as you can find. I made the wrong choice in doctors and I can't do a thing about it. That sucks.
5. I chewed my fingernails down to the nub today. When I have them painted I don't even notice them but when I don't have on polish, I chew away. Bummer.
6. Sarah Palin, the former half Governor of Alaska and noted palm reader, is still a fucking idiot.
7. My flower garden is looking pretty promising this year. I've planted some new perennials and laid down ten bags of mulch. I've got about 7 flower pots filled out and made up a couple of hanging baskets. Looks like everything survived the cold and snowy winter. It's so nice to see the trees all green again and everything in bloom. Love this time of year. I'll take some pictures tomorrow and get them up on here.
8. I keep wanting to pick up the phone and call my Dad. It's been almost 6 months since I lost him and I think about him everyday. I miss him lots.
9. I'm looking forward to getting back up to the mountains this summer. I miss West Virginia so much.
10. If you aren't watching The Pacific on HBO, you are missing out. All of the veterans of World War II had it pretty tough but these guys who fought in the Pacific just might have had it the worst. It's hard to fathom that they will all be gone soon.
11. Sarah Palin, yep, still a fucking idiot.