What A Difference An Hour Makes

I took my River into the vet today thinking she might have a urinary tract infection. An hour later, I'm faced with the news that she has terminal cancer. It's pretty bad and the prognosis is bleak at best. I couldn't make any kind of decision today so my doctor has given her fluids, pain medication and steroids to keep her comfortable through the weekend. I'll make a decision on Monday and though I know what that will probably be, it's just too painful to think about right now.

These dogs are so loyal, so loving and so devoted. They do nothing but give love and only ask that we take care of them in return. I've given her what I think is a pretty great life and so as I spend what could be these last few days with her, I'll do everything I can to make it special. Dogs are such a blessing and I can't imagine life without them. I spend more time with them than I do with anyone else. They are always so happy to see me when I get home, always by my side and are quite generous with the kisses.

I love you my River, you'll always live in my soul...

0 comments: