First Taste of Fall

For the first time since April, I was able to turn my air conditioner off (save for the five days without power). A pretty strong cold front brought high temperatures in the low 60's with mid 40's forecast for tonight. Fall always seems to have a hard time taking hold around here and this year has been no different. After a couple of cool days, temps are expected back in the 80's this weekend with lows in the 60's. We've still got a month or so of warm weather, especially during the day and no doubt the air conditioner will be back on in a few days. Yes, summer isn't quite over yet but for a day or two, it feels a bit like fall around here.

4 comments:

Friðvin | October 3, 2008 at 9:13 PM

I hope I didn't annoy you too much last night. It was one of those nights.

Anyhoo, the mornings here have been in the mid 50s for the most part except this morning which was in the high 60s.

But the afternoons are still.. how shall I put this delicately...


WARM.

Kelly | October 3, 2008 at 9:28 PM

Of course not. It pisses me off too and I suppose that what really sucks is that both Obama and BIden probably support same sex marriage but know that in todays political climate, it just isn't safe to come out and say it. I've long believed, and still do, that Bush could care less about same sex marriage and abortion, but it plays well with the base. I think the proof is that he did absolutely nothing to help pass a federal marriage amendment nor did he really lift a finger on the abortion issue.

You have every right to be pissed off but at the same time, I think both of us realize that an Obama administration will be much more supportive of you and me than a McCain administration ever would.

Friðvin | October 3, 2008 at 10:18 PM

I have found my refuge tonight.

Clerks II

:lol:

Kelly | October 3, 2008 at 11:00 PM

It's not a bad film but falls well short of the first one, which for my money is one of the two or three funniest movies ever.

In no order:
Raising Arizona, Clerks and Office Space.