Some random thoughts...
1. When I opened my mailbox yesterday, the only thing in there was a note from the post office. Seems someone has sent me a certified letter and I wasn't there to receive it. No big deal, I can just stop by the post on my way home from work and pick it up. Well, I could if my identification still said Gregory instead of Kelly. You see, the letter was sent to my old name and so I'm going to have to get creative if I want to see what someone has sent me. If I'm reading it right, I can possibly request a second delivery where I authorize the carrier to just drop it in the box. It's all disconcerting to get something addressed to someone that doesn't exist anymore.
2. Speaking of mail, I received something rather nice today in the form of a maturity notice for my car payment. This is my very last payment on my Saturn Ion and marks another debt paid off. Now it's on to my surgery loan.
3. "Jacob had a thing for numbers"- Man In Black. If that's the only damn explanation I get for the meaning of the LOST numbers I'm going to put my foot through the television. The whole mystique of the numbers, 4-8-15-16-23-42, has been one of my favorite things about this amazing television show. I want answers and I want them now dammit. On a side note, I wonder how many people play those numbers each week in the lottery? My guess is quite a few.
4. With all of the snow on the ground and the days off from work, I've been pretty lazy about what I wear out. On more than a few occasions I've just gone out in a sweatshirt, jeans and hiking boots (no purse, earrings, makeup, etc.) only to be called "Miss" almost every time. When I went out fully as Kelly I got the "sir" almost every time.
I just can't seem to pull this off and I suspect I never will.
5. My dogs have had a really great week as they totally love the snow. I've thrown more balls than I care to remember but it's all been a lot of fun. When I sit back and think about it, it really is true that "It's a dogs life." I mean seriously, what's not to like? Sleep all day, play catch, go for walks and car rides, get tummy rubs, treats every time you come in the door, you can fart and no one thinks less of you. What a life.
6. Sarah Palin is still a fucking idiot.