I Miss The 80's- Well, Maybe Not The Fashion

I guess we thought we were cool but looking back, a lot of it was pretty horrible though not nearly as bad as things were for us in the 70's. I give you some of the best of the 80's...

I suppose that every single teenager during the 80's wore acid washed jeans. They were quite popular but it still doesn't make it right...


Of course they weren't nearly as bad as Parachute Pants. I'm ashamed to admit that yes, I did have a pair. I remember the first day I wore them to school (7th grade) it was snowing something fierce and the school bus I was on slid off the road into someones front yard. I never did make it to school that day and it was a cold walk back home wearing those parachute pants...


Okay, guilty on the Members Only jacket as well...


Okay, guilty on another travesty, the friendship pins. For those who weren't around back then, you took these pins with the little beads and put them on your shoelaces...


Oh my, guilty again on the jeans rolled up as tight as you could get them...


Okay, this one I'm kind of proud of as I still think they are kind of cool. I probably had about a dozen different Swatch watches, sometimes wearing more than one at once...


I don't know what's worse, that I used to wear these (in my boy days) or that I still see them from time to time today...the knit tie...


Okay, now we get into the clothes I always wished I was wearing and that starts with the stirrup pants...


Followed closely with the oversized shirt made famous by Jennifer Beals in Flashdance...


I was always jealous of the girls who got to wear the Add a Bead necklaces. Mom had one and I would try it on when no one was home...


Just about every girl that I knew wore Ankle Socks at one time or another. Alas, I didn't get to...


When Madonna first burst onto the scene, teen girls everywhere tried hard to copy her look...

1 comments:

Anonymous Woman | June 30, 2010 at 1:30 AM

i was guilty of:

Parachute pants.
Acid wash jeans.
Over-sized shirts.
Frilly ankle socks.

i hated skinny, ankle-tight jeans, and still despise them to this day (and they're currently the only thing you can get now, with flair bottoms having just departed in style).

They make my giant feet look even bigger than they already are.