What's New

Not that anyone is really reading this crap but I do try to keep the site updated and that I haven't done for a few days. It's been a very busy week as my Mom had surgery yesterday morning and that has occupied most, if not all, of my time. We had to be up at 4 AM yesterday and get her to the hospital for check in at 5:30. The surgery went great and the doctor expects no complications. I spent most of yesterday at the hospital though I did sneak home for an hour or two to get some shut eye. It was almost 10 before I got home last night and collapsed into bed. My brother Jeff took the morning shift and I was able to sleep in a bit and get some things done that needed taken care of. I went in around 3 and stayed till dark and made sure everything was well. I'll be back early tomorrow and hopefully she'll be coming home on Friday. If so, I'll stay over there for the weekend and possibly longer.

One year ago today, I was the one getting ready to go into surgery. If memory serves, I had my last supper and came back to the hotel hoping to get some sleep. It was a really strang evening but surprisingly peaceful. I was at peace with my decision to have surgery and felt good about what was going to happen. Though things haven't turned out like I had hoped, I have been able to move into this new life as Kelly and each day gets a bit easier. I wish the surgery had turned out better but what's done is done and it's time to move on. I'll be heading up to Chicago later in the month for some minor revisions with my doctor but for the most part, what I see is what I'll get.

I certainly turned out better than others but nowhere near as well as some of his best patients. I get "read" every single day and I'm getting more and more used to the stares and such, but sometimes it still hurts when someone does a double take or looks a bit too long. I don't know if I'll ever get to the point where that doesn't bother me but I hope I do. When I go up to see Dr. Z, I'm going to reiterate my disappoint in how things turned out. Whether he does anything about it is up to him but let him know I will. Anyways, I took a picture tonight and I thought I would share with you. It's taken with the camera built into my iMac so it's not as good as my digital camera would take but it does show my new blonde hair. Keep in mind that this was taken after a long day at the hospital and wearing no makeup. Be kind.


JACQ | June 10, 2008 at 9:20 AM

Now that's blonde!

Hey, you didn't mention what kind of surgery your mom had. Hope all is going well with that.

And yes, Missi and I DO read your blog!