Yahoo evidently asked it's users to name the 30 best science fiction movies of all time. I won't go into too much detail but I will say that the list is utter bullshit. Coming in at number one is Ironman. Are you serious? It was a good movie and all but certainly not the best science fiction movie of all time. As if that isn't enough, the fools have the first Star Wars ahead of The Empire Strikes Back, by far the best of the Star Wars movies. Anyways, here is my top ten science fiction movies:
10. Terminator- The first terminator movie totally rocked and set the stage for the even better sequel, Terminator 2.
9. Close Encounters of the Third Kind- An instant classic, Richard Dreyfuss is brilliant.
8. E.T.- Who didn't fall in love with the cutest alien ever?
7. Terminator 2- As good as the first Terminator was, the second simply blew it away. Having the Terminator come back to protect John Conner was brilliant.
6. Brazil- Not everyone gets it but for those who do, wow.
5. Star Wars- George Lucas changed movie making with this surprise hit. I saw it over 20 times as a kid.
4. The Matrix- There was some seriously deep shit going on in that movie. Two horrible sequels do nothing to diminish the first.
3. The Empire Strikes Back- By far the best of the six Star Wars movies.
2. 2001: A Space Odyssey- The opening scene where the apes discover how to use a weapon and then fling it skyward changing into the space station is the best opening scene in any movie. Without this classic, none of the others would exist.
1. Blade Runner- My all time favorite movie, Blade Runner is stunning to watch with a story that asks all the right questions. Roy Batty's quote on the rooftop is classic: 've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.