Glennzilla Roars

Glenzilla, possibly the best blogger on the planet, has a great post up over at Salon. In short, he rips the Republicans to shreds over the blatant fear mongering put forth in a new ad designed to scare Americans into giving up their civil liberties so that Daddy Bush can keep us all safe from the menacing "Brown People". It really is something to behold and I urge you to head over to Glenn's Unclaimed Territory to watch it in all it's repulsive glory.

For the life of me, I just can't wrap my mind around why some folks seem to think the threat from a few hundred guys living in caves is so ominous. Now I know that the powers that be probably don't believe they are such a great threat, but it's served them well since 9/11 and seeing as how it's the only card they are holding, they will most likely keep playing it till the fat lady sings. Look, I'm not denying that a bunch of pissed off Islamic Terrorist might try to stage another attack, but I hardly see how they are the greatest threat ever to the most powerful nation in the history of the world.

This fear that the terrorist will jump out from under your bed and murder your wife and kids isn't just stupid, it's fucking insane. I can honestly say that not once have I ever given these terrorist a second thought. They don't scare me and they never will. To be afraid of them means that they have won, that's what terrorism is. Never in the history of this nation have we faced a more pathetic and inept enemy than the one we do now. That they have the power to destroy this country is just plain laughable. No, they are not scary but I will tell you what was scary, the 40,000 nuclear warheads the Soviet Union had aimed at us when I was growing up. That was some scary shit. Terrorist living in caves, not so scary.

0 comments: