9 Months

Tomorrow will mark the 9 month anniversary of my facial feminization surgery. I'm pretty sure that after that amount of time, it's safe to render a judgement on said surgery. So, after careful consideration and a lot of staring in the mirror, I can honestly say that I'm glad I didn't end up looking like her:


That being said, it still turned out really, really, really shitty. I have a phone conversation with my doctor scheduled for tomorrow and it isn't going to be pretty. I'm pretty pissed off right about now and I'm going to let him have it. I can live with the poor results, it's a chance one takes, but I refuse to spend the rest of my life living with the physical pain I've been experiencing these past few months.

My face pretty much feels like someone is stretching it out as far as it will go. In short, it feels very tight and the sensation of being stretched never goes away. As if that's not bad enough, my cheek implants are nearly unbearable (that's what I'm going to raise hell about), the scar under my chin still looks disgusting (despite being touched up already) and I have big lumps of what I can only assume is fat, forming all around my neck and jaw.

I'm so disgusted by how things have turned out that I can barely think of anything else. Now I know I have no one to blame but myself, but I do believe that a doctor has the responsibility to keep his or her patients from being uncomfortable 9 months after surgery. This was not part of the bargain and not once did he ever suggest that I would have a lifetime of feeling this awful. So while I am the one that consented to this, I still want some kind of closure on the matter, something I have yet to get.

So, if you are thinking of having plastic surgery, my advice would be DON"T. It's not worth the risk and you could always end up like me or the woman pictured above. Think about that before you go under the knife as you can't undo the damage.

0 comments: