One of my favorite things about my favorite magazine, The Proust Questionnaire. I do this month's here:
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
I can't even comprehend such a thing, so I don't know.
2. What is your greatest fear?
What life will be like after my Mom is gone.
3. What is your most marked characteristic?
I don't know.
4. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
Negativity, though it wasn't that way till 2004.
5. Which living person do you most despise?
6. What is your greatest extravagance?
7. What is your current state of mind?
Despair mixed with cautious optimism.
8. What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
All virtues are overrated.
9. On what occasion do you lie?
I seldom lie, if ever.
10. What do you dislike most about your appearance?
My face and it's an expensive one at that.
11. What is the quality you most like in a man?
12. What is the quality you most like in a woman?
13. Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
"I'm sorry"- Mom says I apologize too much, especially for things that I didn't do.
14. What or who is the greatest love of your life?
My family and my dogs.
15. When and where were you happiest?
My years in West Virginia. The mountains have a way of soothing the soul.
15. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
That I could have been comfortable being a guy.
16. Which talent would you most like to have?
I wish I could sing.
17. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
My education. That I not only have a college degree, but also a Masters Degree, all of which puts me in rather rare company.
18. If you were to die and come back as a person or thing, what do you think it would be?
A dog. There is no other creature that is more pure than a dog. The only thing I would ever change about dogs is their tragically short lives. Something so sweet, so loving and so dedicated should be blessed with a longer life.
19. Where would you like to live?
I can think of no finer city than London.
20. What is your most treasured possession?
My memories. No one can ever take them away.
21. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
Being a transsexual and not being able to successfully transition. It's what my life is.
22. What is your favorite occupation?
23. Who is your favorite hero of fiction?
Atticus Finch and Winnie the Pooh. All you need to know in order to live a good and decent life can be found in those two amazing characters.
24. What are your favorite names?
Sammy, River and Shadow of course.
25. What is it that you most dislike?
Mans cruelty to animals. We do not deserve our place at the head of the food chain.
26. How would you like to die?
Doing something that I enjoy. Perhaps riding a roller coaster.
27. What is your motto?
"Why do something today when you can do it tomorrow."