Buyers Remorse

Throughtout most of the Democratic Primary, I tried to remain neutral and let things fall where they might. In the end, I voted for Barack Obama because I felt that he offered the best hope of defeating John McBush. I still think he will win come November, it will be close (the media will ensure that it is), but he will win enough states to take the White House and hopefully reverse some of Dubya's worst policies. That being said, I'm still not sure I will be voting for him come November.

You see, I'm having a very bad case of buyers remorse and were I able to vote in the primary again, I would vote for Hillary Clinton.

Obama's shameless and very stupid move to the right is backfiring on him big time. I have no idea why Democratic candidates for President feel that they should abandon those who got them there in order to win a handful of supposed undecided voters, but they all seem to do it. Al Gore did it in 2000 and John Kerry did it in 2004 and now it appears that Obama is determined to pull defeat from the jaws of victory. If he loses, he will have no one to blame but himself and the Beltway pundints that he seems intent on listening to.

Honestly, I'm to the point where I really don't give a shit as to who wins. If it were up to me I would throw the whole lot of them out and start from scratch. The Democrats we elected in 2006 have proven to be as corrupt and craven as the Repulicans they replaced. Hell, they actually might be worse, that's how bad they are. I'm tired of supporting a political party that stands for nothing, does nothing and treats the Constitution like toilet paper. I'm tired of donating money, walking neighborhoods and doing everything I can to support a bunch of people who say one thing and then go and do another. At some point, progressive voters like myself reach the point where we just can't do it anymore. I've reached that point.

UPDATE: An obituary for America.

The Democrats came out of this looking strong, as usual. They are pathetic, absolutely pathetic.

In a bit of good news, the ACLU is going to sue over the constitutionality of the new FISA law. Go here to sign your name to a national ad that will be running.

1 comments:

FriĆ°vin | July 10, 2008 at 7:29 PM

Between you and me I don't give a shit who wins. Republicans created the mess, the cleanup is going to be an ugly unpopular scene (if they even bother to make the effort), the constitution has been shredded, I doubt whether I will have federal recognition of my relationship four years from now regardless of who wins, and at least if a Republican gets the responsibility and the moment comes (as it will) when it's time to pay the piper, it'll be clear who is to blame.

My client that I've been busting my fucking ass for over the past 18 months now how immunity from lawsuits and can spy on me without recourse thanks to Bush and a bunch of spineless fucking pricks in the senate, including the "agent of change" Mr. Obama himself.

By the same token, I guess I'm so pissed off with Obama right now I guess I don't care whether he gets the heat from cleaning up the Republican mess either.

I guess the common theme here is that I've stopped caring. There is no viable candidate I can really give two hoots about in a corrupt system hellbent on fucking us up the ass without our consent.