We Need To Go Extinct

I know this sounds pretty radical and pretty damn offensive, but I've come to the conclusion that the World would be a much better place were humans to go extinct. We've had our time, we've done our time and much like the dinosaurs before us, it's time for us to go and let something else have a chance. My belief in the tragic consequences of humans living at the top of the food chain is what led me to vow at a failry early age never to have children. It's something that many years later I don't regret and I'm pretty sure I never will. My existence and DNA stops with me and I've made sure that it will never go further. It's my one little gift to the rest of life on Earth.

Anyways, to see why humans don't deserve to continue on as a species, be sure to watch 60 minutes this Sunday. Anderson Cooper will present a story on the Great Apes of the Congo and their slaughter at the hands of we humans. These amazing creatures are literally being killed before our very eyes and now they find themselves on the very verge of extinction. Only humands, in our thirst for blood, could cause whole species to simply disappear. It's not supposed to work that way, it really isn't. Every creature that ever lived had it's time and when they disappeared for good, it had nothing to do with other living species. That isn't so today and as a result, we aren't quite as special as we think we are. Shame on all of us, shame on all of us.

3 comments:

Anonymous | July 5, 2008 at 9:16 AM

You just need to be a little more patient as our time is almost up. We have savagely raped this planet of its natural resources and when they are gone, war will break out between the "Haves" and "Have nots". It will not be pretty but in several hundred thousand years, the planet will return to the garden of eden it once was without our presents.

JenL

Anonymous | July 5, 2008 at 12:18 PM

Or not.

Kelly | July 5, 2008 at 2:59 PM

I know it sounds cynical and all but we've made a royal mess of things. When I read about humans slaughtering our nearest cousins, the Gorillas of the Congo, it just makes me so sad and I just want to give up. We are capable of so much beauty and so many amazing things and yet we can be so awful and so destructive and that's not what life is supposed to be about.