Tranny's Behaving Badly

So, I get to the Skyway bridge in no time flat and that's when the traffic stopped. From the Illinois/Indiana line it took me nearly 3 hours to find my way to the North Side of Chicago. Needless to say, I had to pee pretty damn bad and rather than wait in traffic another 20 minutes to go a couple of miles, I pulled off a couple of exits early and paid a visit to Dr. Z. After the refreshing pause that cures, I waited in the lobby to find out what time I needed to be there in the morning. That's when they walked in. Now I don't really want to badmouth these girls, I really don't, but I just can't resist the urge to mock.

I'm under no illusions that I pass as female but I do okay and one of the reasons I do so is because I dress the right way. That means wearing clothes that flatter my figure, clothes that are age appropriate and as little makeup and bling as possible. Any girl who does those things is number one in my book and I will support them in every way imaginable. Those girls are the brave ones, the good ones and the ones I love. Now back to the mocking if I may. I know that these women are just trying to experience what they missed out on, I really do, but ladies, you just aren't doing yourself any favors.

Now I should be clear that one of them looked very nice, was dressed pretty conservative and did pretty good at blending in. Her friend on the other hand was a train wreck in progress. Okay, here's the deal:

1. If you don't have a job working at the Boar's Nest, don''t wear Daisy Dukes. Seriously, don't. It doesn't look good, never did and never will.

2. Don't wear so much bling that you set off a metal detector a mile away. Just don't.

3. Tanktops are nice, they really are. I love to sleep in them and few things are more comfortable, I get that, but the thing is, not everyone looks good in them. Telling the receptionist that you look good, spinning around and flaunting what you don't have does not make it so. I just wante to scream, "no, you don't look good, you look like a linebacker in drag."

4. If you are over the age of 40 and you still shop at Abercrombie and Fitch, Hollister and American Eagle Outfitters, please stop. FInd your way to Ann Taylor, J.Jill, Talbots and other fine retailers that cater to women your age.

I know I'll catch grief for this post and maybe I deserve it, but I just can't stand seeing people make fools of themselves. When I first informed my employer that I was planning on transitioning, this is what they were initialy afraid of. When they saw that I had no intentions of living this way, things began to work in my favor. I know this will make me seem snobby or out of touch with the trans community but I don't care. I'm tired of transsexual women who live up to stereotypes and as a result make things harder for those of us who are hoping to just get on with life. Just for clarification, I would react the same way to a natal woman dressing 30 years to young for her age.

3 comments:

FriĆ°vin | July 19, 2008 at 9:27 PM

Kelly, you know I love you so don't take this the wrong way, but I think you are being too harsh and too rigid.

Who cares what THEY look like. Let them makes fools of themselves if that's what they want.

Now I do understand how it might reflect badly on the trans community in general, but hell, to each his or her own.

It seems to me you like to establish rigid boxes for everyone to fit into, trans or not.

Would you tell me I can't wear earrings at the age of 48 because I'm not man enough, or that I need to relinquish my neckwear because I'm over 40 and therefore no longer youthful?

I'm not going to shop at the old man's store no matter how old I am.

I'll do it when I'm ready. Probably when I can't control my bowels any longer and need diapers.

In the meantime, party on.

Kelly | July 19, 2008 at 10:04 PM

I understand what you are saying, I really do, but when I announced to the school district that I was planning on transitioning, this is what image popped into their heads and it took a lot of time to change that perception. It nearly cost me my job and it pissed me off big time.

But, point taken, I'll be nicer and more respectful of others. I believe in diversity and living outside the box, it's just that sometimes I get frustrated when some people set our movement back, a movement that is often attacked everywhere I look.

Jacq | July 21, 2008 at 7:17 PM

Personally, I like Old Navy. It's for everyone!!!!