I Need To Move

It happens every now and then and occasionally it gets the best of me, but for the most part it's just an urge for change and as soon as it comes it disappears. Lately the urge to pack up, move and start all over again has reared it's ugly head. I love where I live and where I to spend the rest of my life here, I'd be totally content with that. Louisville is a fun city and has a lot to offer. It's got most of the big city amenities with a more small town feel (if a metro populaiton of 1.3 million can be considered small). It is home, my Mom and Brother live here, I have a ton of friends, own my own home and generally have a great life but sometimes a bit of change is what is needed.


Chicago from space

Months ago I mentioned that were I to move, I'd chose from one of five cities: Chicago, Anchorage, Portland, Seattle or Lewisburg West Virginia. Of those, the Windy City is by far my favorite. It's one of the worlds great city's and is widely considered the most liveable of the really big cities in America. Chicago is a bustling mass of energy, a model of urban living and a whole lot of fun. It is, next to San Fransico, the most liberal city in America. It has great mass transit, dense urban neighborhoods that are full of life, great shopping, dining and entertainment. It is in short, the Great American City and a place that I would love to call home.

2 comments:

Jacq | August 4, 2008 at 10:01 PM

Anchorage? As in ALASKA??? Wow.

Yea, Missi and I need a change, too. After being away from home for nine years, I moved back to Pennsylvania from a place I loved: the Washington D.C. metro area. I miss it like crazy. But I'd love to go to San Fran. We want to take a trip there to see what it's like. The farthest I've been on the west coast is Arizona.

Not gay friendly at all, from what I've heard. Missi has been in this area all her life. She's been wanting to move for as long as she can remember. Good thing she waited to find me.

;P

Kelly | August 4, 2008 at 10:05 PM

I've lived in Anchorage before, it's a great city. Chicago though is my all time favorite, it's such a mecca for creative people and it's just alive.