I Graduated, Sort Of

Well, I reached a bit of a milestone today and it's one I'm pretty proud of. For the past five years, I've been seeing my therapist on a pretty regular basis. The fact that she's in Lexington and I'm in Louisville has kept us from meeting weekly but for the most part, we've met at least once a month and usually twice. Well, today I graduated from monthly visits down to seasonal visits. We were both in agreement that I'm doing really great, that transition is winding down and there just wasn't a need for me to come as often.

To tell the truth, there was a dark period where I wasn't sure that I would ever reach this point, so depressed was I. That seems like a long time ago but it really wasn't. This time last summer I was pretty miserable. My surgery hadn't gone as well as I had hoped, I had just been transfered from a classroom to central office and things seemed to be falling apart everywhere I looked. But that was then and this is now and for the first time in a very long time, I'm not just happy but alive. It feels good and I don't ever want to go back to that place that held me hostage all those years.

1 comments:

Jacq | August 4, 2008 at 9:48 PM

It's a baby step, but at least it's forward, not backward!