1 Down and 2 To Go

I saw the first of the 3 movies I've been looking forward to seeing this spring. Watchmen, as dark and violent a movie I have seen in a long time, opened up this weekend and I found myself front row center today, blown away by what I saw. I love dystopian tales and this tale of a group of very flawed superhero's trying to prevent a nuclear war between the US and Soviets during an alternate 1984 rightly fit the bill. I grew up during the 80's and though I somehow missed the groundbreaking graphic novel of the same name, I certainly could connect to what I was seeing. It was a fucked up decade and few of us living then had any idea how close we came to blowing up the world. Anyways, you can read reviews of Watchmen anywhere, but if you like dark and troubling films, go now.

Watchmen Trailer...


Movie number 2 is Star Trek, a somewhat darker take on the sci-fi classic and promises to be a fangirls wet dream...


Finally, I can't wait to see the latest installment in the Terminator series, this one called Salvation. Judgement Day has come and gone, most of the world is destroyed and Skynet is in control. John Connor leads the resistance against the machines and from what I saw today, it looks seriously intense and as dark if not darker than Watchmen...

0 comments: