Dating While T

I'm actually quite terrified of possibly getting back into the dating world but I just can't help but feel that I'm missing out on something. Now I know I'm not passable and probably never will be, but I like to think that what I lack in looks I more than make up for in personality, intelligence and what I have to offer. I tend to go back and forth between this desire to have a girlfriend and the curiosity of what it would be like to maybe have a boyfriend. I read a lot of blogs written by T girls and some of them have been quite successful at not only finding boyfriends, but also wives and husbands. At the same time, I've witnessed far better looking girls have no luck when it comes to dating so who knows.

Anyways, one of the better blogs out there belongs to Kara, one of the sweetest girls around. From time to time, she'll chronicle her dating exploits and it's always a good read. Like me, she's attracted to both men and women, though she's always able to put it a bit better than me. As I was reading her most recent posts, I began to think more and more about the possible pitfalls that often accompany dating while trans, specifically dating men. Now remember, I'm no expert on any of this, I've never dated a guy, but from what I can tell, when it comes to dating trans girls, men generally fall in one of the following categories:

1. The Good Guy- He's the guy that just doesn't give a shit about who you were or what you were born with. He loves you for who you are. For an example of this guy, see my friend NexyJo, she found him. If you find him, keep him.

2. The Afraid He's Gay Guy- This guy likes you and might even love you but his knowledge of your past makes him wonder if he might be gay. He doesn't want to be gay. My advice, run away, and fast.

3. The I'm Cool With It In Private Kind of Guy- This guy is wonderful in so many ways but only if you agree to never leave the house or tell any of his friends. He's more concerned with what his macho friends will say. Keep running.

4. The Tranny Chaser- This guy is only interested in having sex, especially if you still have your penis. He gets a feminine face, breasts and a dick. Keep running.

5. I Want To Be Cool With This, But I'm Just Not Ready To Be Guy- So much potential but when push comes to shove, it's just too much to deal with.

It's all enough to make my head hurt.

0 comments: