New Years Resolutions

I hate New Years Resolutions, they are designed to fail, but it's not going to stop me from making a few.

1. Lose some serious weight- One of the hardest things I've had to deal with is still wanting to eat like I'm a guy. My goal is to drop 35 pounds this year, hopefully by summer.

2. Finish electrolysis- It's seems like it will never end, I've only been doing it for what seems like a decade, but I've resolved myself to finishing my face and neck by the time school starts in August.

3. Vegetarian- Back in my 20's, I successfully gave up eating meat for about 3 years. Alas, cheeseburgers caused me to fall off the wagon and I never went back. Well, I'm all set to start weaning myself off the flesh. Why? Well, I just don't feel right about eating other living things and besides, the whole livestock industry is disgusting, inhumane and is slowly killing me.

I think I'll stop there, better to make it somewhat manageable. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Anonymous | January 1, 2009 at 10:14 PM

Good luck! :) If it helps at all the year I gave up meat I lost twenty pounds :)

Eileen.

Kelly | January 2, 2009 at 7:55 AM

That would be a great side effect of going vegetarian. Of course, I won't be going vegan, that would set me up for certain failure.

Anonymous | January 3, 2009 at 3:05 PM

I couldn't do Vegan either! In fact Sushi drew me back into eating fish about 5 years ago. Happy Birthday by the way!

Eileen.