Return to the 100 Acre Wood

My beloved Pooh Bear is coming back after 83 long years...

The first official sequel to the original Winnie-the-Pooh books will appear in October, its publishers said on Saturday, more than 80 years after the honey-loving bear first appeared in print.
"Return to the Hundred Acre Wood" is the follow up to A.A. Milne's "Winnie-the-Pooh" and "The House At Pooh Corner," which were famously illustrated by E.H. Shepard.
The new book, published by Egmont Publishing in Britain and Pengiun imprint Dutton Children's Books in the United States, will be written by David Benedictus, who produced an audio adaptation of Winnie-the-Pooh starring actress Judi Dench.

I simply adore the story of Winnie the Pooh and the residents of the 100 acre wood. My bedroom is filled with a rather large collection of authentic Winnie the Pooh books and artifacts. You can be sure that I'll be one of the first in line to pick up this magical sequel to the greatest story ever told...

Mark Burgess, who has already drawn classic children's characters including Paddington Bear and Winnie-the-Pooh, is to provide the illustrations. Return to the Hundred Acre Wood will hit the shelves on October 5.

I regularly share tales of Pooh Bear with my students and I enjoy introducing a whole new generation of children to this classic literature. Evidently, I'm not alone...

"The original books were one of the greatest celebrations of childhood in any language, but we believe that David Benedictus and Mark Burgess have captured the spirit and quality of those original books."


0 comments: