Year End Me Me, Three Days Late.

From Kona

1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
Thought about what it would be like to have sex with a guy as a girl. Intriguing at the least.

2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I've never been one to make resolutions though I made an exception this year, see two posts earlier.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Actually yes, my great friend Dee had a baby boy.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Nope and that's a good thing.

5. What places did you visit?
I made a couple of trips up to Chicago and one to Louisiana, other than that, I spent most of the year in Jefferson County.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Bigger breasts.

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Why election day of course. Yes we did!

8. What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year?
Making the transition back to the classroom, this time as a female. Not many transgender teachers manage to keep their jobs so yeah for me. Bonus is I ended up at a school that I just love.

9. What was your biggest failure?
None that I recall.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I got sick a few times, the usual winter time bugs, and I threw my back out really bad and missed a week of work.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
New medicine for River which seems to have totally kicked her arthritis in the butt. She's a couple years younger at least.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Barack Obama for rising above it all during a nasty election.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
John McCain and the American media. That McCain would so sell his soul to the religious right appalled me and most certainly cost him the election.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills, bills and more bills. Ugh!

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My new classroom at my new school.

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
I quit listening to new music a long time ago so I have no idea.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) Happier or sadder?
Much happier as I'm finally living my life the way it's supposed to be lived, as a girl.
b) thinner or fatter?
No change.
c) richer or poorer?
I'm making more money than ever in my life and am poorer than ever in my life.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Travel.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Eating.

20. How did you spend Christmas this year?
I spent Christmas with my Dad in the Big Easy wearing shorts.

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Sort of, but she doesn't know and never will.

22. How was work?
My new school is a typical inner city school with more challenges than anyone could possibly imagine. The kids come from severe poverty, most only eat meals when at school and they've already been beat down by life. Naturally I love it and wouldn't want to work anywhere else.

23. What was your favorite TV program?
Lost and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

24. What did you do for your birthday in 2008?
My Mom and I went to a little Mexican restaurant in Crescent Hill and froze our asses off as the heat wasn't workign too well.

25. What was the best book you read?
The Road by Cormac McCarthy. It's brilliant, haunting, depressing and one of the best books I've ever read.

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Modern music sucks ass.

27. What did you want and get?
A job back in the classroom after spending a year working at Central Office. It rocks.

28. What did you want and not get?
New body parts, specifically the female kind.

29. What was your favorite film of this year?
The Dark Knight was everything a great movie should be and was by far the best film of the year. Runner-up: Burn After Reading.

30. Did you make some new friends this year?
Lots of new friends at work.

31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Elected Democrats with a spine. Bunch of pussies, the lot of them.

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Lots of skirts and cute shoes. My legs are my best feature.

33. What kept you sane?
Effexor XR 225 mg a day. Sad but true.

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Lena Headley of course.

35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Prop 8 in California.

35a. What political issue stirred you the least?
The 2008 Kentucky Senate race. As much as I despise Mitch McConnell, I never for a minute thought he would lose. He didn't.

36. Who did you miss?
The people I used to work with at my old school.

37. Who was the best new person you met?
My students, I simply adore them.

38. Burn any bridges?
Probably.

39. Best new restaurant you went to?
Not sure I went to any new ones, the old ones rock way too much to stray.

40. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Most people could really care less about my being transgender. They've got enough things on their own minds to really pay much attention.

1 comments:

Anonymous | January 4, 2009 at 2:24 PM

Hi Kelly:I am assuming that you are the "Kelly" I was in incontact
with a year or so ago when you were looking for help in your transition. I am thrilled to see that you made it thru and are back in the classrooom. Would love to hear from you when you have a chance.
Love & Hugs,
Lily McBeth
Tuckerton,NJ