A Girlfriend

For some reason, the thought of having a girlfriend has been on my mind lately. I've really given very little thought to dating but from time to time, I just have this urge to have someone special in my life. On my previous blog, I mentioned that I'm totally smitten with someone that I work with. I don't get to see her much, she spends a lot of her time out in the schools, but today I got to ride the elevator up with her. The whole ride up, I kept wishing that the elevator would get stuck. I know that sounds silly and very childish, but she just makes me feel so giddy when I'm around her.

She totally rocks my world in so many ways and yet I'm powerless to do anything about it. She's very supportive of me and we both consider each other friends, but I just know that nothing will ever come of it. But, were I still living as Greg, would I have a chance? Well, had I never decided to try and transition I never would have met her, but I still can't help but feel that maybe I might have had a chance were things different.

So who is she? Well, about all your going to get is her name is Melissa, she's divorced, has a daughter and is about 6 years older than me. Totally not what I would typically go for, but she's so damn cute, smart as they come, has a great job and is always in a great mood. I feel like i've missed out on so much these past four years and not having a girlfriend is something that I've sometimes had a hard time with. It gets lonely sometimes and all of us have this need for love and companionship. Being trans doesn't change any of that.

Did I mention that she's just way too cute? Simply adorable.

1 comments:

Jacq | April 4, 2008 at 5:00 PM

Kelly,

Missi didn't think she had a chance with me, either. But I was the one who approached her.

Guess I proved her wrong, didn't I???